Provide professional guidance for the right care services, in the right order, at the right time for your loved one.
Arizona Care Management Solutions provides long term care management and quality consulting with a supportive team. Our team provides a collaborative process of assessment, benefit and care planning, facilitation, and advocacy to meet your personal needs. Through effective communication and available resources we can help navigate the fast changing environment of healthcare as it relates to your journey of aging.
Arizona Care Management Solutions was founded by Bob and Bonnie Shimko in March of 2014. As long time Verde Valley residents, they recognized a need for professional care management for seniors with all the decisions and unexpected emergencies that happen during the aging process. They set out to build a team of experienced professionals with vast experience in a variety of fields to ensure quality service to their clients. From the beginning they set a high expectation of follow up and communication with the family members of their clients to provide peace of mind that their loved one is receiving proper care.
Return to top
Arizona Care Management Solutions came about when Bonnie Shimko decided to launch her own care management company. In 2014, the primary focus was to provide services to clients in the Verde Valley and Sedona areas. Arizona Care Management Solutions began servicing clients in the Quad cities area in 2015. Then in January 2017, Aging Well Prescott, a very successful care management company in Prescott, was acquired by Arizona Care Management Solutions allowing them to leverage their resources in the area to provide the same professional team approach to seniors and their loved ones in the Quad cities areas.
Return to top
What is a care manager?
A care manager is dedicated to helping clients age well while also supporting quality of life for family members. This phase of a family’s journey together is often complicated. There is more to do than there is time. Relatives may live far away. Relations can become strained.
Our professional training and knowledge of best practices can ease the journey.
Every family is unique. As care managers, we apply our insights and skills in 8 key areas to provide you with a positive care plan tailored to your family’s individual needs and strengths.
We offer expertise regarding:
- Health and disability: Through assessments and experience, we can help you understand what your loved one does well, and in what areas he or she could use additional help.
- Finances: A review of the current monetary situation will result in a plan to make resources stretch as efficiently as possibly while maintaining the desired level of comfort, dignity and safety.
- Housing: Based on the assessments, recommendations can be made for optimal living situations now, with a view to likely changes in the foreseeable future.
- Family: Sibling disagreements and old family history often make the aging journey difficult. Our training provides for skilled facilitation of family meetings and creation of a plan that takes everyone’s needs into account.
- Local Resources: There are programs available to help, but it’s difficult to know which one is the most appropriate for your situation. Save time and money by letting us objectively evaluate the situation and connect you to the resources best suited to your needs.
- Advocacy: Our comprehensive knowledge of the disjointed health care system allows us to monitor quality and lobby for the care and treatment your family wants.
- Legal: Let us help you identify issues and get key paperwork in order.
- Crisis Intervention: The unexpected is simply a fact of life in aging. We are experienced with elder emergencies and are ready to jump in at a moment’s notice.
Arizona Care Management Solutions is in the business of helping aging adults and their families to live well throughout the aging process. Give us a call at 928-300-0172 to discuss the many ways we can help you.
Return to top
How we are different
What makes a care manager stand apart from the others is the commitment to stay focused on the needs of the client and family. Others may offer services for less, but what you receive cannot help but be influenced by the payment structure.
Hospital- or insurance-based case managers are employees of the health care system. They are good professionals. Their focus, however, is to address the issues of patients within the institution and to make efficient use of services for their organization.
We are based in the community and work with aging adults wherever they live. We provide continuity of care across all settings. We include the family and focus on improving quality of life for the older adult and their grown children.
Senior placement organizations are paid referral fees to suggest elder care facilities. As a general rule, they have a more limited sphere of knowledge and do not hold a professional degree needed to give them expertise in the 8 key areas of elder care. Only those facilities willing to pay a finder’s fee will be included in their list of suggestions. There may be a more appropriate option, but it will not be mentioned if the facility does not pay for referrals.
Because we are paid directly by you, we are independent and objective. Our focus is 100% on the needs of your family and your aging loved ones. We apply our considerable skill and years of training to your unique situation.
When the issue is safety and quality of life, you deserve the best!
Return to top
We pride ourselves in our commitment to stay abreast of the ever-changing landscape of senior services and aging research. To this end, our care managers are members of the following professional organizations:
The Aging Life Care™ Association
Society of Senior Advisors
View “What is a Certified Senior Advisor?” video
Return to top